When I’m out and about visiting clients, what do you think I’m asked more than anything?
- What’s the best deal for new laptops these days?
- How do I recover my son’s GCSE homework from the laptop that he dropped/stood on/lost?
- Would you like a slice of cake?
OK, so I’m asked all of these things but probably the most common question is:
How can I make the text bigger on my screen?
I also see people leaning closer to the screen just to read some text – not great for your eyes or your back!
All computers these days make it easy to adjust the appearance of everything on the screen so here’s what you need to do.
If you have Windows 10 on your computer:
- Press the Windows key and type Display Settings and press enter
- Look for “Change the size of text, apps, and other items”. The setting is probably 100%. Change this to 150%.
- The screen may flicker slightly and then everything will appear larger. If it’s still too small then change it to 175%
- Close the display settings window and away you go!
If you have Windows 7:
- First of all, save your work and close any open applications
- Right click anywhere on an empty part of the desktop
- Select Screen resolution
- Select “Make text and other items larger or smaller”
- It’s probably on “Smaller – 100% default”. Change to Medium 125%
- You’ll be prompted to logout and back in again for the changes to take effect
So no more squinting at the screen!